We are told each year that an estimated 35,000 people will die of the flu and that the flu vaccine will prevent you from getting the it. The benefit and risk has been brought into question for many reasons. When we take a closer look at the real numbers of deaths due to the flu it is only closer to 1000 or less, the rest have been from pneumonia. Every year prior to the release of that years flu vaccine, "experts" must guess what strain will be prevalent in the next year. More often than not, they guess incorrectly. Did you ever get the flu shot, then a few days later gotten the flu?! I thought it was supposed to prevent you from...hum.
Dr. Hugh Fudenberg a leading immunologist with over 800 articles in peer reviewed journals, has stated that those who receive 5 flu shots or more in a 10 year period of time, increase the chances of Alzheimer's by 10 times. He suggests that this is a result of the mercury preservative Thimersal on the brain. The mechanism involves a prolonged and overactive immune response from the vaccine. He states that the mechanism is increased when combined with aluminum and an antifreeze base also found in flu vaccines (LIST OF INGREDIENTS IN VACCINES FROM THE CDC table 1, table 2). This article was published in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons in the summer of 2003.
We know that the immune system heavily relies on certain vitamins an minerals for normal function, such as vitamin E, selenium, zinc, vitamin C and flavonoids from fruits and vegetables. Certain food additives and nutrients are also important to AVOID such as aspartame, MSG, sugar, and omega-6 fatty acids.
I am convinced that most people get sick due to a weakened immune system and not a lack of flu vaccines.
For those of you who are still unconvinced, there's plenty of scientific evidence available to back up the recommendation to AVOID THE FLU SHOT - if not for their potentially serious or deadly side effects, then for the simple reason that they don't work, and don't offer any real benefit to offset their potential health risks.
A sampling of these studies include:
- A recent study published in the October 2008 issue of the Archives of Pediatric & Adolescent Medicinefound that vaccinating young children against the flu had no impact on flu-related hospitalizations or doctor visits during two recent flu seasons. The researchers concluded that "significant influenza vaccine effectiveness could not be demonstrated for any season, age, or setting" examined.
- A study published in the Lancet just two months ago found that influenza vaccination was NOT associated with a reduced risk of pneumonia in older people. Vaccination coverage among the elderly increased from 15 percent in 1980 to 65 percent now, yet there has been no decrease in deaths from influenza or pneumonia.
- That Lancet study supports a similar study done five years ago, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, which concluded that vaccination against pneumonia does not reduce your risk of contracting the disease.
- Research published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine last month also confirms that there has been no decrease in deaths from influenza and pneumonia, despite the fact that vaccination coverage among the elderly has increased from 15 percent in 1980 to 65 percent now.
- Last year, researchers with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and the National Institutes of Health published this conclusion in the Lancet Infectious Diseases: "We conclude that frailty selection bias and use of non-specific endpoints such as all-cause mortality have led cohort studies to greatly exaggerate vaccine benefits."
- A large-scale, systematic review of 51 studies, published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews in 2006, found no evidence that the flu vaccine is any more effective than a placebo in children. The studies involved 260,000 children, age 6 to 23 months.
I am always suspicious of when government agencies, public health agencies and medical societies begin screaming about a new diseases that demand widespread vaccinations. Pharmaceutical manufacturers are the largest lobbying groups in Washington. The financial interconnection between the government agency leaders, pharmaceutical companies, the medical schools, and the peer reviewed journals has been exposed by many people including Dr. Macia Angell (former chief in editor for the New England Journal of Medicine) in her book, "The Truth About the Drug Companies".
Chiropractic research has brought tremendous insight into immunology in the past 10-15 years. The effects of upper cervical (upper neck) adjustments on the immune system CD4 cell counts of HIV positive individuals was studied. Over a 6 month period of time, the control group who received the adjustments experienced a 48% increase in CD4 cell counts, while the individuals who did not receive sham adjustments experienced a 7.96 decrease in cell counts.